My Photo
Name:
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

This blog is meant to keep folks up-to-date about the Edmonton portion of the Serenity Now/Equality Now charity screening. Later on, it might serve as a message board for other Browncoat events.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Choosing our Charity

Hello, all! Okay, some of you have weighed in, and that is great. It looks like AB Browncoats will be a go!

Right now, I need your help. We need to pick a Provincial charity to support. As I said before, each community should also pick a local charity to support, but we should have a province-wide one that we all get behind.

Here's the deal: I need your opinions, and I need them soon, by tomorrow at the latest. At that time, I will have to make a decision.

The reason for the haste? Well, Jenskijen contacted me, seems she is collecting donations from some of her "contacts" and needs to know what charity we are supporting. Needs to know soon.

So let me hear from you, people!

Cheers!
Captain Brent

6 Comments:

Anonymous Michelle said...

Keeping with the goals and motivation behind Equality Now - is there a province wide charity devoted to equal rights, possibly helping women and their families in crisis? Smaller, focused charities, like the Youth Emergency Shelter would appreciate every dollar or resource available.

8:22 PM  
Blogger the Worst Ninja Ever said...

A bit of information for the Browncoats in the house. It seems that Universal no longer requires Browncoats to do their marketing for them and are actively trying to shut down Serenity fan promotion and guerilla marketing.

http://slashdot.org/articles/06/10/28/1253206.shtml

10:13 AM  
Anonymous fruityoaty said...

Just a fellow Browncoat stopping by to say hello. I stumbled on this site from MyBlogLog. :)

7:15 AM  
Blogger Wendy Scott said...

Hi Brent

I'm sorry to be off topic, but it seemed the best way to contact you; Wendy from Sending A Wave here. Sorry I haven't been in contact for a while, but now the dust has settled somewhat, we'd still love to speak to you regarding the screening as part of our CSTS Equality Now round up for the podcast. If you or any of the attendees recorded any audio or even video which we could get some audio from, we'd love to air if agreeable. Please contact me at wscott@odeonuk.com to discuss - don't worry, we'll work to Edmonton time rather than UK.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

Another off topic note...

I believe it's you, Brent, that I've been trying to contact about a prize won at one of the screenings.

Could you please contact me by email? terripick (at) yahoo (dot) com.

5:43 AM  
Blogger Terri P said...

Got it in the mail this week! Thank you, Brent!

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home