My Photo
Name:
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

This blog is meant to keep folks up-to-date about the Edmonton portion of the Serenity Now/Equality Now charity screening. Later on, it might serve as a message board for other Browncoat events.

Friday, June 23, 2006

Updates and Procedurals

Heya, Browncoats! Well, the big day is almost upon us. I want to extend a big thank-you to everyone who bought tickets and/or donated money to Equality Now. And an extra-shiny thank-you to my crew and co-conspirators, Lisa and Bev; this event would not have happened without their hard work and dedication.

Here's how it is: The film will start at 9:45am sharp! We have to be out of the theatre by noon, so they can set up for the next film. Doors will open at 9am , and myself and the organizers will be there earlier of course, setting things up. There will be two lines, one for picking up your pre-purchased tickets and one for buying tickets on the day. If you already have a ticket, just go straight to the theatre door, get your ticket torn, and have a seat. Then go hit the concession, because it will be open (Mmmm, popcorn for breakfast). I'll say some thank-yous, and we watch the Big Damn Movie. At the end, we do the door prize draw, and we head off back to our lives. Whew!

Now, there are no official after screening shindigs planned, but I am not opposed to engaging in a spontaneous shindig. But we can talk about that then.

Prize Update: The official SNEN Tshirts have not yet arrived, and there seems to be some confusion about whether they were even made. So I regret to report that, baring a package arriving this afternoon, the tshirts will not be here in time for the show. If in fact they come at all (don't get me started...). If I find out they are coming, but will be late, then I'll still hand them out as door prizes; the winners can email me their mailing info at edmbrowncoats (at) gmail (dot) com and I'll send the tshirts as soon as they arrive. If I find out they won't be coming...well, its best you all have plausible deniability. :)

Update on the Update: I just heard back from the kind gentleman who printed the shirts, and they have been sent. This means that their lateness is a product of Canada Post "efficiancy". So, I will have two T-shirt shaped vouchers at the event with the email address on them; the winners can email me their addresses (addressi?) and I'll send the shirts when they get in.

That's about it for now. If I have any other news I'll do a quick post, otherwise I'll see all your bright faces tomorrow morning!

Cheers!
Captain Brent

4 Comments:

Blogger Rohnster! said...

Hey! A big shiny thanks to everyone to helped to make today possible. Seeing Serenity again on the big screen was a treat, and I'm glad that my buddy Justin had a chance to experience it for the first time. Kudos to you all, and an special thanks to Lisa for drawing my ticket number for the Mal action figure! I know how much she wanted the Serenity zippo, so I traded the figure for it and will cherish it forever. ;)

1:16 PM  
Anonymous lisa said...

You snagged the ZIPPO?! *cries and crumbles to the ground in zippo-less pain*

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Bev said...

Hi Lisa,

Is that as bad as your cousin who gave away the Nathan autograph? And not to YOU?

8:36 AM  
Anonymous lisa said...

Yeah I'll be having a little talk with that one. I mean he WAS my favorite cousin because he bought so many gorram tickets (8 to be exact) but I think the friend that he gave that to ditch him on Serenity opening the first time around. If I'm not mistaken they didn't buy him and his girlfriend a ticket so they didn't getta go to the move. I got him a ticket and he had good seating and I let him drink some of my coffe... but NO apparently next time I must cut off my arm!! I may have to hurt him but I promise I won't scare his Connor shaped face.

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home