My Photo
Name:
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

This blog is meant to keep folks up-to-date about the Edmonton portion of the Serenity Now/Equality Now charity screening. Later on, it might serve as a message board for other Browncoat events.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

So Proud I Could Bust!

Heya, Edmonton Browncoats! You should be all manner of proud! Edmonton's Browncoats raised $758 for Equality Now, and if your comments were any indication, had a fantastic time doing it. My further congratulations to the door prize winners, I hope you get many hours of enjoyment out of your winnings.

Official thank-yous will go up on the SNEN website, but I wanted to voice my personal ones as well. So my huge thank-yous to:

  • my fellow organizers, Bev Williams (the backbone of my "crew") and Lisa Rattai (the lodestone to my moral compass)
  • Jeff at Cineplex Odeon for helping us out, and making the venue the least of our worries
  • Jay (the Preacher) at Happy Harbor Comics, for the support and the coolness.
  • All of our other prize sponsors: Cheapass Games, Dragon Weave, Pure Speculation, Titan Books, and the private donors that wish to remain nameless.
  • One True B!x and the rest of the CSTS team, for getting this on the go. If they hadn't, we'd have been sitting at home thinking, "Hey, it's Joss Whedon's Bday, I wonder if anything's happening?"
  • All of the posters on the CSTS and Canadian Browncoats yahoo groups, for their advice and support.
  • To Equality Now, for giving us a cause worth supporting
  • To Joss Whedon and the cast and crew of Firefly and Serenity, without whom this would never have been inspired.
  • To anyone else who, in my sleep-addled brain, I am missing from this list. Thank-you but... sleep-addled.
For those of you wondering: yes, Edmonton will have another one of these next year. It was too much fun not to do again, and too good a cause not to support.

In addition, The Preacher and I have already talked about a Firefly event in the fall. And look for there to be some Firefly/Serenity related stuff at Pure Speculation.

That's all from me for now. I am off to find my bed; even though the screening was yesterday morning, I'm still filling in sleep-shaped holes in my life from a ways back.

But thanks again, all you big, beautiful Browncoats!

Cheers!
Captain Brent

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home